Current Job Postings
Anticipated start date: July 2021
$20/hour, 20 hours per week, flexible Schedule
The main role of the Finance Coordinator is the management of the organizational financial accounts including payables, receivables, projects, payroll (including all remittances) and preparation of financial statements for the Board of Directors as well as informing administration of any relevant information for maintaining its membership database and member/donor correspondence.
This position is responsible for upgrading, and maintaining financial systems that enhance the financial stability, efficiency and effectiveness of Nature NB.
The Finance Coordinator reports to the Executive Director, Treasurer and Finance Committee. The Finance coordinator is expected to provide finance related information to the ED and the Finance Committee. This is a permanent, Part-time, mid-level position with opportunity for training, growth, and development within the role.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Enter journal entries, recording all revenues, expenses entries, maintaining records of accounts, projects and budgets
- Prepare and distribute all payables bi weekly
- Prepare and distribute all receivables
- Reconciliation and submission of HST
- Responsible for deposits and Bank reconciliations
- Financial Record keeping of physical and electronic for current year and historical years
- Oversee payroll, information slips, remittances to employees bi-weekly
- Submit and reconcile employee taxes, CPP & EI on monthly basis to CRA
- Prepare employee T4’s annually
- Prepare and submit annually, Form 100 as well as proper reporting of any work place incidents to WorksafeNB
- Prepare financial statements on quarterly bases or as requested
- Prepare documentation for all financial audits and annual reviews
- Prepare CRA charitable status returns on annual basis
- Support Staff with special events. Support the planning, delivery, reporting and evaluation activities to the ED, Board and Committees
- Review and update investments and review investment and financial policy and procedures annually
- Ensure Governance and Finance procedures/policies are followed
- Assist ED with contracts, financial statements and general administration
- Preparing submissions for, and financial reporting and auditing on funding projects
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE:
The successful candidate will have some combination of the following, developed from a University Degree and/or relevant work experience:
- Post-Secondary Education in Accounting/Financial Management or equivalent work experience
- Advanced computer skills in SAGE and Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of or ability to learn CiviCRM software
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- Ability to manage efficient financial reporting systems and regular reporting schedules for time-limited projects, as well as provide the Executive Director and board members with (minimum) quarterly budget updates and financial reports upon request
- Knowledge of rules governing the administration of registered charities in Canada
Please prepare a cover letter indicating why you think you would be a good fit for this position at Nature NB, highlighting relevant experiences and/or qualifications. Send your cover letter and résumé to Vanessa Roy-McDougall, [email protected]
We thank all candidates for their interest in the position, but only candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received. We will accept applications until the position is filled.