- Safety measures for outdoor cats
- Keeping your cats indoors is the easiest and safest way to keep cats and birds safe.
- Walking your cat on a leash is a great way to give them access to the great outdoors without putting them or local wildlife (specifically birds) in danger
- Learn more about training your cat to walk on a leash: http://www.adventurecats.org/backcountry-basics/train-your-cat-to-walk-on-a-leash/
- You could also build a “catio” for your cat! A catio is an enclosed outdoor space for the cat that puts a barrier between the cat and the birds in your yard.
- Learn more about catios: https://catiospaces.com/
- Learn more about protecting cats and birds: http://catsandbirds.ca/cats-matter/
Cats NatureNB 2017-09-12T17:47:00+00:00