The Mary Majka Scholarship Fund was established in 2014 by Nature NB to honour the legacy of one of our founding members, Mary Majka, with the intent to further youth engagement with nature and our natural heritage.
Mary Majka was an environmental pioneer, TV host, wildlife rehabilitator and outdoor educator…a driving force behind New Brunswick’s first conservation organizations. But it was her fervent defence and preservation of cultural heritage, sensitive habitats, and the wild creatures that share our world that most influenced those around her.
Eligibility and General Scholarship information
The Mary Majka Scholarship Fund is open to New Brunswick students from middle school to those attending an undergraduate program. Awards will be granted on a yearly basis ranging from $250 to $1000, depending on the number of applicants and funds available.
Scholarships will be awarded in three distinct categories:
- High School graduate, upon entering an appropriate post-secondary education program;
- Post-secondary student who is already enrolled in an appropriate field of study; or
- Any student in middle or high school, for a project that is deemed appropriate according to the original mandate of the scholarship fund.
How to Apply
Applications are accepted annually. The deadline to apply is March 31st of the current calendar year. Once your application is submitted, it will be reviewed by our scholarship committee. Decisions will be made and successful applicants will be notified by the end of May.
Please complete the application form and submit it with all supporting documentation, either by email or postal mail.
- Submit by email to: Vanessa Roy-McDougall, email@example.com
- Submit by mail to: Nature NB, 61 Carleton St., Suite 3, Fredericton NB, E3B 3T2
Applications must be received by Nature NB by 5:00 PM March 31st.