Current Job Postings
Nature NB is seeking a Nature Educator to do educational outreach focused on New Brunswick biodiversity.
Based in Fredericton
Full time, summer position
35 hours per week, with occasional weekends and evenings
Anticipated Start Date: May 10, 2021
- Develop and deliver virtual programs about nature/environment;
- Assist in developing educational materials for teachers / educators;
- Assist in planning and coordinating virtual outreach across the province;
- Lead or assist with citizen science programs;
- Communicate and collaborate with partner organizations and volunteers.
The successful candidate will demonstrate leadership and work well as part of a team. They will enjoy working outdoors and interacting with children and the public. Due to Covid-19 safety measures, programs will likely be delivered virtually or with small physically-distanced groups.
- Experience working with groups of children;
- Ability to communicate easily in English and French;
- Interest in public outreach;
- Familiarity with standard office software (e.g. office suite, e-mail, internet browser, conferencing software);
- Valid driver’s license.
- Interest in nature and/or conservation
- Experience in program development
- Experience in event planning
- Educational background in natural sciences (e.g. biology, forestry) OR in education
Criminal Record and Vulnerable Sector checks will be completed for the selected candidate.
Please indicate in your cover letter how you meet these qualifications and why you think you would be a good fit for this position at Nature NB. Send your cover letter and résumé to Melissa Fulton at [email protected] No phone calls please.
Application deadline: March 8, 2021.