Current Job Postings
We are seeking a Conservation Assistant work in a variety of areas related to climate change, bird conservation planning, and protected areas management.
Based in Sackville
Full time, summer position
35 hours per week, with occasional weekends and evenings
Start Date: May 18, 2020
- Assist in coordinating two conversation planning initiatives – one in coastal Eastern New Brunswick and one in agricultural areas within the Wolastoq-Saint John River Watershed;
- Assist in the organization and delivery of community outreach, professional development, and planning events across the province in both indoor and outdoor settings;
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with partner organizations and volunteers;
- Conduct research, develop presentations, and prepare funding reports.
The successful candidate will demonstrate leadership and work well as part of a team. They will enjoy working outdoors and interacting with the public, as well as other partners and groups.
- Completing or completed a Bachelor’s degree in natural sciences (e.g. biology, environmental science, environmental studies, forestry, etc.) or in education;
- Interest and/or experience in landscape and species at risk conservation, protected areas, and climate change adaptation;
- Interest and/or experience in public outreach (e.g. event coordination, public speaking) and environmental education;
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and communicate diverse partners, as well as the public;
- Familiarity with standard office software (e.g. office suite, e-mail, internet browser);
- Excellent time-management skills;
- Ability to communicate in English and French;
- Valid driver’s license.
- Experience working in conservation and/or climate change adaptation initiatives;
- Experience working with in the environmental non-profit sector;
- Experience in event planning and coordination (e.g. field trips, workshops, etc.);
- Experience with Geographic Information Systems (e.g. ArcGIS Online);
- Ability to manage multiple tasks;
- Experience developing funding proposals.
Criminal Record and Vulnerable Sector checks will be completed for the selected candidate.
Please indicate in your cover letter how you meet these qualifications and why you think you would be a good fit for this position at Nature NB. Send your cover letter and résumé to Adam Cheeseman at adam.cheeseman[at]naturenb.ca. We thank all candidates for their interest in the position, but only candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Application deadline: March 31, 2020.