Become an IBA Caretaker
If you or your club is interested in becoming a caretaker, you can follow these easy steps:
- Contact Nature NB to discuss your interest in becoming a caretaker.
- Review the IBA Caretaker Manual. This manual is a great resource for information about where to start when becoming a caretaker.
- Visit Nature NB’s Biodiversity Web portal and become a registered volunteer.
- Find an IBA near you by using our interactive map.
- Consult your IBA information sheet. This sheet included present bird populations and explains why the site was designation as an IBA.
- Print out an IBA reporting/monitoring sheet (available on the webportal) and commit to visiting the site at least once a year. The information collected will include basic site conditions and population monitoring
- Submit your data on the portal!
Funding for New Brunswick’s IBA program is provided by Nature Canada, BirdLife International, Bird Studies Canada and Wildlife Habitat Canada.